Estate Planning (Wills, Trusts, and POA's)
Estate Planning encompasses so much more then just a collection of documents. It is a process, requiring planning and monitoring as life circumstances, tax laws, and legacy desires change. In fact, estate planning does not only involve end of life directives but also disability or mental capacity issues. Ben can help with the following and more.
- Simple wills
- Power of Attorney
- Healthcare directives
- Revocable living trusts
- Special need trusts
- Irrevocable trusts
- And more.
Business Succession Planning
Business succession planning serves many necessary needs including:
- helps pass a business to family members, employees, or third parties as smoothly as possible
- protects owners, their families, and the business in case there is an unexpected disability, divorce, or death
- provides for the smooth resolution of any disputes between owners, especially if they wish to stop working together
- maximizes the value of the business
- helps ensure that owners are financially ready to comfortably retire
- helps ensure that adequate liquid assets will be available when needed to provide for the owner and his or her family, continue the business’ operations, and pay any debts and estate taxes upon an owner’s disability or death.
Even if your estate is unlikely to be subject to gift and estate taxes, there are charitable gift planning techniques which can leave a lasting legacy. Ben can help with transactions as simple as setting up a donor advised fund or considering a charitable gift annuity. We can also help with more complicated transactions, such as charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, and private foundations.
If you are interested considering charitable transfers and how they might fit into your life and your estate planning, please call us.